Bike Transportation by Train in India, Hello Everyone Welcome to all of you, so in this post you will check it about Bike Transportation by Train in India, How to Transport Bike by Train, Indian Railways have always made lives of its people better and easy with its remarkable services.
Not just it helps in bridging the gaps of thousands of kilometers and miles between your loved ones, but it also help in moving your valuables safely from one destination to another.
Bike Transportation by Train in India
Bike Transportation By Train in India is without a doubt one of the most cost-effective and secure ways of vehicle shifting.
Indian Railways offers two ways to Transport your bike by train, As a Luggage and As a Parcel. Before you transport your bike, you must have documents including bike RC paper & Insurance copy and your valid ID Card such Aadhar card, Driving License or Passport.
- You can transport goods from one place to another using Indian Railways in two forms, either as luggage or as a parcel.
- Luggage is something you can take it along with you on the same train you travel.
- A parcel is subjected to transportation to your choice of the destination through any train or railway wagon as decided by the Rail Authorities. The whole process of bike transport by train has been completely changed.
- Until a few months, you can carry the bike along with you on the same train you travel. However, bike transport by train is now purely Railway authority’s decision. Still, bike transportation is available in two ways, luggage and parcel booking.
- There are two ways to transport bike in train:
- Bike Transport by Train as a Luggage
- Bike Transport by Train as a Parcel
One has reached the railway station 3–4 hours earlier, Visit the Parcel office and get the procedure done by paying for your bike as luggage and get the challan slip.
Packing – You have to get it done in front of you by paying extra.
The bike will Travel along with you in the same train.
You get the bike as you reach the destination.
Bit expensive as compared to the parcel method.
Bike Transport by Train – As a Luggage
- Step1: Go the railway luggage booking office a day or two before you want your bike to be carried as luggage on the train you travel. Make an inquiry a few days before about the possibilities of bike transportation as luggage on the day when you travel.
- Step2: If you are booking the bike as your luggage, carry at least two or three copies of mandatory documents of the bike with you.
- Step3: Fill the form providing the relevant information and pay the bike parcel charges as intimated.
- Step4: Let your bike get parcelled or packed by a packer. You can find a lot of trained packers who can parcel it to perfection.
- Step5: Book the bike as luggage and carry the luggage receipt with you. You will also receive an endorsement along with the train ticket. These two documents are essential to get the delivery of the bike.
Documents Required for Transportation of Bike by Train:
Photocopy of Registration Certificate of the Bike
Photocopy of Insurance.
How can I take my bike in Indian Railways?
- Take your cycle to the railway station 3 hours before departure of the train.
- Find the Parcel Office at the railway station.
- Show your confirmed ticket and book your cycle onto the same train.
- The clerk will record your PNR number, book your cycle and hand you over a receipt for the same.
How much does it cost to transport a bike in India?
|Bike Shifting Charges And Vehicle Type||100 Kms to 250 Kms||1500 Kms To 3000 Kms|
|150 cc To 200 cc Bike Transport||Rs 5,000 – 8,000||Rs. 7,000 – 12,000|
|200 cc To 350 cc Bike Transport||Rs 5,500 – 9,000||Rs. 8,000 – 12,500|
|350 cc To Above Sport Bike Transport||Rs 6,000 – 9,500||Rs. 8,500 – 13,500|
How much luggage can I carry in train?
|Class||Free Allowance||Maximum quantity permitted (including free allowance)|
|AC First Class||70 Kgs||150 Kgs|
|AC 2-Tier sleeper/First class||50 Kgs||100 Kgs|
|AC 3-tier sleeper/AC chair car||40 Kgs||40 Kgs|
|Sleeper class||40 Kgs||80 Kgs|
How do you parcel a bike?
You can find a lot of trained packers who can parcel it to perfection. Book the bike as luggage and carry the luggage receipt with you.
Top 10 Online Shopping Sites in India 2021
Top 10 IT Companies in India 2021 | Information Technology
10 Best Deodorant for Men in India 2021
If you’ve any thoughts on the Bike Transportation by Train in India then feels free to drop it in the below comment box. Keep visiting our website: Techzhubz for new updates.
I hope you like this post so please share it on your social media handles & Friends. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter to get new updates related to the posts, Thanks for reading this article till the end.