Highest peak in India, Hello Dear Friends in this post you will check out about Top 10 Highest Mountain Peaks in India 2021, Himalaya is the highest mountain range in the world that is famous for its natural beauty. It separates India from neighboring countries by acting as a natural border.
India is a beautiful country, home to the Great Himalayas, which is the highest mountain range in the whole wide world! This means the country has some of the highest peaks as well in the world.
List of Highest Mountain Peaks in India
Most of the peaks are situated in Sikkim and Uttarakhand state of India,
1. Kangchenjunga – 8,586 m
- The highest mountain Kangchenjunga is located at the border of India and Nepal in the great Himalayas range, Sikkim. Kangchenjunga section contains five peaks and the region has twelve more peaks over 7,000 m (23,000 ft).
- Ranked 3rd in world
Himalayas Ranges, Sikkim
2. Nanda Devi – 7,816 m
Nanda Devi is located in the Himalayas in Garhwal region of the state of Uttarakhand. It is the second-highest mountain peak in India and 23rd highest in the world with the height of 7,816 m. On the West, it is bordered by Rishiganga valley and on the East, it is bordered by Gori Ganga valley.
3. Kamet – 7,756 m
The Kamet is the highest summit in the Zaskar mountain Range of Garhwal region in the Chamoli District of Uttarakhand. Kamet is second highest mountain summit of Garhwal Himalayas and third highest mountain peak of India with an elevation of 7,756 m (25,446 ft).
Kamet mountain peak is surrounded by three major neighboring peaks and lies very close the Tibet.
Kamet 7,756 m (25,446 ft)
Abi Gamin 7,355 m (24,130 ft)
Mana 7,272 m (23,858 ft)
Mukut Parbat 7,242 m (23,760 ft)
4. Saltoro Kangri at 7742 m
Saltoro Kangri at 7742 m is the highest peak of the Saltoro Mountains, a part of the Karakoram. It is located close to the Siachen Glacier, which is one of the longest glaciers in the world. Saltoro Kangri is also the 31st highest peak in the world. highest peak in india
5. Saser Kangri – 7,672 m
Located in Jammu and Kashmir, it is a group of five majestic mountain peaks, Saser Kangri I is the highest mountain peak among the all five brothers
- it is a group of five majestic mountain peaks
- This mountain peak is the 35th highest mountain peak in the world.
6. Mamostong Kangri – 7,516 m
The Magnificent Mamostong Kangri is the highest mountain of sub ranges Rimo Mustagh of of the Great Karakoram range. Mamostong Kangri is located at a majestic altitude of 7,516 m (24,659 ft) in the remote area of the Siachen Glacier.
Mamostong Kangri is ranked 48th independent highest peak in the world.
- The striped mountains are lies northeast part of the great Siachen Glacier with an elevation of 7,385 m (24,229 ft). Rimo mountain are consists of four peaks, the Rimo I is the highest peak among them with 7,385 m (24,229 ft).
- Ranked 71st in world
Siachen Area, Jammu and Kashmir
8. Hardeol – 7,151 m
Hardeol also called as Temple of God is one of the major mountain peak of the Kumaon Himalaya located at the northern side of Sanctuary and guarding the Nanda Devi.
The 7,151 m (23,461 ft) highest Hardeol peak is situated in the Milam valley of Pithoragarh district in Uttarakhand.
9. Chaukhamba – 7,138 m
- The Chaukhamba summit is the highest peak in the group of the Gangotri situated in the Garhwal Himalaya region of Uttarakhand. The Gangotri Group has total four peaks and Chaukhamba I is the highest among them with an elevation of 7,138 m (23,419 ft). Chaukhamba got its name due to the four big peaks along with each other.
- Garhwal Himalaya , Uttarakhand
10. Trisul – 7,120 m
Trisul III 6,007 m (19,708 ft)
Kumaon Region, Uttarakhand
Trisul is one of the three mountain peaks of a group located at mountainous regions of Kumaon in Uttarakhand state.
The highest peak of the group is Trisul I at an elevation of 7,120 m (23,359 ft). The three got its name after Trishul weapon of Lord Shiva, Trisul mountain peaks are near to the Nanda Devi sanctuary.
Highest Peak in India (FAQ):
Which is the highest Himalayan mountain peak in India?
How many highest peaks are there in the Himalayas?
Which is the second highest Himalayan peak in India?
Kamet mountain peak
What is the name of a highest mountain peak in India?
Which is the biggest Ghat in India?
1. Anamudi, The Pride of The State of Kerala. Anamudi.
Also, Read This Posts:
If you’ve any thoughts on the Top 10 Highest Mountain Peaks in India 2021. then feels free to drop it in the below comment box. Keep visiting our website: Techzhubz for new updates.
I hope you like this post so please share it on your social media handles & Friends. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter to get new updates related to the posts, Thanks for reading this article till the end. Highest peak in India